WP Sent Mail adds a “Sent Mail” folder to WordPress that shows you exactly what emails your website sends to your customers.
Are you ready for this? It’s about to get really intense. Try these steps on for size:
- Unzip downloaded zip file and upload wp-sent-mail folder to /wp-content/plugins/
- Go to Plugins and click “Activate” next to WP Sent Mail.
The WP Sent Mail settings page is accessible by going to WP Sent Mail -> Settings. It looks like this:
To receive support and updates, you’ll need to enter your license key (provided at purchase) and save your key settings. This will reveal a button that will allow you to activate the current site. The number of activations you receive depends on the license you purchased.
This box turns on email logging and is checked by default.
Enabling this silently prevents emails from being sent, but logs the. Great for dev sites!
New in 2.1.0, emails that have been opened are colored green. You can also see the number of times an email has been opened!
Max Log Size
This is the maximum number of emails you’d like in your log at any given time. This is handled by a cleanup cron job that runs twice a day.
Filters allow you to limit the emails that are logged, by providing criteria for certain fields. The filterable fields are:
You can provide more than one filter for a given field. Values surrounded in asterisks (*) are treated as a wildcard. Otherwise, the value is treated as an exact match.
You can view logged emails by going to WP Sent Mail -> WP Sent Mail.
This will reveal a table of all logged emails:
(Remember, the green color means an email was opened!)
You can also resend an email with one click:
Hovering over an item reveals a “View” link.
Which shows you the entire email, in all its HTML beauty:
Version 2.3.2 – 08/04/2017
- Fix update issue.
Version 2.3.1 – 08/04/2017
- Fix warning on log cleanup.
- Fix bug with exclude filters that excluded all emails in some cases.
Version 2.3.0 – 05/17/2017
- Support for BuddyPress!
- CC and BCC handling!
- Show default email@example.com from address when no from address is present.
Version 2.2.3 – 04/27/2017
- Add time to date format string. Format using localized date format string.
- Add link to settings from Airplane Mode notice.
- Remove extra date header on single email view.
Version 2.2.2 – 04/26/2017
- Add Airplane Mode compatibility with Postmark.
Version 2.2.1 – 04/19/2017
- New site!
- Re-factor Airplane mode. Now detects conflicts and also works with Mailgun properly.
- Switch dependencies to composer.
- Handle licensing better.
Version 2.1.3 – 02/17/2017
- Update updater URL.
Version 2.1.2 – 01/11/2016
- Fixed compatibility issue with WordPress 4.4.x+
Version 2.1.1 – 11/24/2014
- Update updater to fix updates.
Version 2.1.0 – 11/23/2014
- Improved activation code for updates.
- Added open tracking!
- Added airplane mode!
Version 2.0.0 – 10/30/2014
- Added email resend! You can now resend your emails with a single click, right from the email log!
- Improved support for plain text emails.
- Re-engineered logging to improve performance and compatibility with other plugins.
- Added support for wpMandrill.
Version 1.1.0 – 06/10/2014
- Includes support for email attachments. If file is on server, provides link. Otherwise, provides file name.
- Default sort is now descending.
- Overhauls licensing code.
Version 1.0 – 02/07/2014
- Initial release.
If you have problems, the preferred way to get support is to contact us through the support page.